Finally, he made his way to the most dominant and seductive sound. He thought to himself... "this hen is making the best cluck sounds he had ever heard, she must be new". To this point he had been silent as he made his approach, but as soon as he saw the hen, he let out a loud and powerful gobble. He expected this announcement to make the large male next to her disappear in haste. To his amazement, this inferior male didn't move. "How dare he defy my power and right as the reigning male", he thought to himself.
As he approached the final 15 yards, Big Boy Tom puffed up his chest and wings, and spread out his tail feathers in an awesome display of supreme dominance. Again, this other lowly male didn't move a muscle! Big Boy Tom had had enough of this game. He strutted right up to the other male and looked him in the eye as he circled the insurgent fool.
"Something isn't right...", Big Boy Tom thought to himself. He then realized this "fool" was just a decoy, and that he had been the true fool. He turned to run, but it was too late. He heard the distinct click of a shotgun igniting a 3 inch shell propelling a tight pattern of copper BBs towards him. They came impossibly fast and he was unable dodge the deadly destruction.
Big Boy Tom had heard legends of a mighty hunter whose skill and stealth was beyond most. He knew this Nimrod (as the Bible refers to him) had traveled to his domain recently, and in fact had masterfully taken one of the males in his elite guard just 2 weeks previous. As Big Boy Tom struggled for his last breath, he saw a magnificently camouflaged form emerge from some brush just 20 yards away. He knew it was this "Nimrod" that everyone had been talking about. And so in quite dignity, Big Boy Tom saluted this mighty hunter and drifted into endless sleep.
YEEE! HAAA! I got me another turkey! :-)

2 comments:
aahh the skill of a story teller!! Nice turkey. Now I am sure we must live next to you when the whole world falls apart so that we can eat!
What I want to know is what happened to Shawnee's blurb....did you delete it?
That was the funniest and SADDEST story I have ever heard. I was literally laughing & crying at the same time. :) :( Poor Big Boy Tom.
Sorry, Tricia, I deleted my "blurb" because Todd said it was "too silly". Good to know: serious is in. ;) Just kidding, but in all honestly, I'm not good at blogging, so y'all might see my blog one day, & the next it'll be gone. Hopefully I'll get better as time goes on!
Post a Comment